Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Tick, tick, tick... KABOOM!

Wormy, that's how things are here. No one knows when this can of worm will explode, and who's gonna come out where once the mushroom cloud settles. The one who knows ain't talkin to us so its 'ard to decide: to stay or not to stay.

In any case, I'm still considering my options:
1] stay, and be prepared to be deployed to other desks (a prospect I'm curious enough to entertain, besides grapevine says I might get to stay where I am now... hmm.. a bit boring but at least I get to retain my unprofessionalism)
2] go, and do what?

As for "do what?", quite a number of options come to mind:
1] go back to studies (MBA? MCSE? Degree in Photography? Diploma in Mak Yong? Hua yi?)
2] take that receptionist job offer I got from Shades Studio or go to Adelaide and be my friend Helen's grandma's assistant at their family-owned kedai dobi
3] balik kampung and work at kilang Carsem (ooh, this is a tempting option!)
4] seek another journalism job (and get a shitty editor and colleagues from hell? *shiver*)
5] seek an IT-related job (and get stuck troubleshooting Y! Messenger on the first day of work, if I do get one?)6] (see picture below, heheheh)

This photo was swiftly taken using O2 Xphone, a Windows-based smartphone that I really like - great battery life (1100mAh li-ion rasanya), user-friendly, big screen, features-rich and reasonable pricetag (release price RM1,999 - now should be lower). The wagging butt in blue jeans belongs to my 2nd bro. The little monkey belongs to Bukit Merah Laketown Waterpark's walkabout zoo... I recommend a visit! Beware of a certain peacock though, one tried to eat my thumb!

No, I'm not thinking that I should quit my job and become a full-time butt-wagger at a zoo, what I'm saying is I do need a vacation. Yep, option number 6] is leave, then go on a holiday and decide what to do next only when I come back...

Sounds like a plan. Or maybe not.

Can't I just say que sara sara to all this? I guess I can, if only the hens stop clucking!

No comments: