Monday, October 13, 2003

Anugerah Era 2003

Anugerah Era 2003... and I wanna be in Misha Omar's shoes!

I mean that gal was surrounded by 5 guys - though not all of them were cute, but they all adored her, right? So let's not miss the point here.

For my generation, it is said that there are more females than males. So shoot me if I'm jealous that Misha's got five guys serenading her on stage on national TV (though it was a delayed telecast on TV3 that I cought).

So perhaps Sue, my listing of "Why I'm still single" is a line longer than yours. I'll be adding "That Misha Omar is hoarding five guys to herself, cutting the supply of guys in the market, limiting my chances of getting hooked."

Never the less, I am quite enthralled by their singing - though Misha Omar did looked as if she's either nervous or trying too hard when she strained her voice a bit too many times ala Rem - and the music arrangement was something I should keep in mind for future composing ideas.

For Malaysian awards standard, it is something new to have two songs intertwined as such. And to have it done and delivered impeccably is again, something new.

But that just shows that there are good Malaysian artistes out there, and should these people be sponsored to perform in a concert, I think I dont mind spending RM50 for a good seat.

Back to the listing of "Why I'm still single" - heartbreakaphobia, I believe is not uncommon. However, such is love that there are no guarantees.

If you want it, you gotta make that plunge (ever wonder why they use the term falling in love so often? Bet it must feel like taking a bungee jump huh? Ah well, I wouldn't know for sure, cause I'm a Josie Gellar myself.)

But how can you take that plunge if there's no one asking right? Hmm... tricky, tricky...

p/s: Go public - can, but I hope to stay anonymous... and mysterious... and superfluous... (evidently I'm still not over Johnny Depp's sterling performance in Pirates of the Caribbean!)

p/s 2: Sue & Jen, you guys should go catch Korean film "The Tale of Two Sisters" - sad story, scary as hell - this-easily-scared chick got out of the theater with a little sore throat... (and please forgive Cik Tin and I for we could not be patient enough to wait for you guys.

You know, come to think of it, a horror film is a good benchmark test for me to determine if that guy is worth taking the plunge for or not. If he screams louder than me, he's not lah kan, duh! Either that or a rollar coaster ride in Berjaya Times Square...

No comments: