Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Why so stupid one...?

Today I found out one of my stories' headline has been chopped to death. It was a review on the Nokia 7610 - which I'm sure many of you realize that it's a bloody cameraphone - and I put "Megapixel camera in Nokia 7610" as the title.

It was changed to "Megapixel digicam". "Megapixel digicam". "Megapixel digicam".

(Have you ever watch the Malay film called Toyol? For me the scariest part was when a terrifying voice called on, "Bachok..! Bachok..! Bachok..!" And the same voice is reverberating "Megapixel digicam..! Megapixel digicam..! Megapixel digicam..!" right now!)

The edited and sub-edited title, which has been published with my byline very visibly next to it, is the very the making me the very the very angry.

First of all, it was changed in haste obviously, and without consulting me. See, usually we get to see the stuff we write on layout version and we get to proof-read it before off-stone.

Second of all, it was changed incorrectly. I mean c'mon, it's a bloody handphone first and foremostly, not a bloody digital camera.

Had it been a digital camera or a digital videocamera you think I'd not use the term digicam or something similar already? Of course I would've put the damn word there already!

It's misleading to use the bloody word "digicam" there! A phone, is essentially a phone, and the "megapixel camera" part there is supposed to be the somewhat a "verb" to describe the subject lah, hello!

OK, maybe my title's too long (but we did have a 4-word rule and I applied it!), but had they changed it to "Megapixel cameraphone" that would've been at least still accurate. Ni macam la gua tak kenal mana satu handphone mana satu digicam - bloody hell.

The paling bodoh part is, my bloody by-line's there. In other words, the air-head here is... nevermind.

This is not the first time my story/headline's been changed so brutally. I have consulted the people responsible, so now there's less steam coming out of my ears - fuh! Fuh! Hot!

Wish I can just write and not have to put my name right under every story. Takpelah tak dapat recognition pun takpe, janji no one makes a silly mistake and in turn make me sound stupid pulak - mana aci gitu ekk...

p/s: Q: Mana aci? A: Kat Buntong! - Note: I think only Ipohans can relate to this lawak bahlul...

No comments: