Monday, September 27, 2004

Sad news

If you're asking what's the sad news, thanks, and lemme tell you that the sad news is - I got a raise.

Yeah, I know, I should be yelping "Yea! Yea!" or "Ai yee ba!" or simply sing Babe's version of Jingle Bells right? (You know, the one that goes, "La la laa, la la laa, la la la, lallaaa..." right in the midst of the farmer's wife dilemma between roast pork or lemon duck for Xmas dinner?)

But I won't cause.... IT"S TOO PUNY! PEANUTS! (One colleague even said, "Taik gigi je...")

I can't even see the difference! Though I did hear that the coop's not doing too well etc - but since the management did whine that the coop spends about RM7million for the 2,000 hens' dedak, I then figured, I'm not even getting the average!

After some talks with colleagues I found out I'm not the only one with gripes - everyone's suddenly not really lunching... "No mood lah, you go ahead.." said one, and "Gotta start saving from now you know, Raya's near!" said another.

Uwaaaaaa!

Hee ish! What a grouch! I should be saying syukur - so, syukur alhamdulillah... So friends, feel free to claim a Kit Kat or Chupa Chups the next time you see me OK! Cik Tinn, you can also claim for that tumbler I've been meaning to give you, and Sue, you must remind me to return your UK-mali Cosmo.

Yep. Me's grinning and bearing it. Yep, me can live with it - hey, I've survived with much less, haven't I?

Have a good week ahead :)

No comments: