Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Blown out of...

... proportion.

I'm talking about the Siti Nurhaliza hate-email case. Yes, yes, yes, people are still talking about it. Yes, yes, yes, many people aren't convince that the guy they arrested yesterday is the real culprit.

Yes, yes, yes, I'm tired of hearing about this case, yet around me it seems to take centrestage, so I can't help but blog about it - from a normal Malaysian point of view.

And yes, yes, yes, the hens in the coop are clucking - if you ask me it is them, rather than the case, that's going out of proportion. Here's a conversation I had the misfortune of hearing:

A: Hahaha, this Asmah & the Gang is so famous now!

B: Infamous, you mean.

A: Famous, infamous, it's still talked about.

C: Ya lah, publicity, good or bad, is still publicity.

A: Hah, imagine if anyone would cash in from this situation...

B:
How la?

A: Er, maybe a new hip-hop act will call themselves "Asmah & the Gang"?

B: Hahaha... then they'll have a song called "Siti Tertipu"!

A: "Siti tertipu tertipu tipu tersiti!" Kahkahkah!

C: Then someone will do a based on a true story film about this!

B: Aaa... Puteri Kuala Lipis!

A: No, no, no! Email Laju-laju!

B:
What if they do a reality-TV show? Lagi interesting!

C: Eh, how to do a reality-TV show from hate-email cases la?

B: Can pin webcam on stylists or singer then make them go behind stage with Siti...

A: You mean see if anyone can catch her swallowing eggs in a toilet is it?

C: Like Punked? Eh.. come to think of it if Asmah & the Gang is actually a guy then..

A: .. how did he caught Siti doing that "egg business" in the ladies eh?

C: Exactly!


B: I know, I know, he's a cross-dresser!

At this point I pick up my butt and left my desk, went over to the publishing exec's desk to pinjam her Harian Metro, Malay Mail and Berita Harian...

No comments: