Thursday, April 29, 2004

Rumours...

The recent buzz in the office centres around the recent promotion of several prominent journalists in the main section. Right now the gals in my office are hoping some changes will also be brought in nearer to us - in fact we're hoping something can be done to change the current hierarchy in our editorial team.

Right now we're kinda top heavy - meaning we have more people telling people what to do than the people who are at the position where they only do what they're told to do. There's also a rumour going on about salary increment - but I'm not putting too much hope in that, after all the company did not do as well as we hoped to achieve last year.

In any case it is always a good reminder to myself that if I ever get to the position where I'll have the responsibility to tell others what to do, never forget that without them you're not going anywhere. Most of the time, if you're on the pinnacle position, it'll likely be you who'll need them more than they need you.

There'll be a staff briefing today at 3PM here, but sucks! - I can't be there! I have an assignment starting at 3PM as well, which means I'll be off half an our earlier than that.. Wonder what's up...?

Aw man, I better not think too much about this - it's quite sickening when you hear stuff from different ends of the office, one predictingthis, one predicting that. I better get back to that feature article on Bluejacking and Bluesnarfing...

No comments: