Thursday, April 08, 2004

A post about beauty

Today I had problems with logging in - so an ISD guy was hailed from the next building. The cute one showed up - he's my favourite among the many and I have been calling him "my bright spark" since the day I first saw him a couple of years back.

Judging by the way he dresses, he' probably not married. But the way his eye does not stray around suggests that he might be attached in some other ways. OK.

No problem at all - cause I'm just interested to see him, not really interested to get to know him. Besides if I get to know him, it might spoil his reputation of being the brightest spark in the ISD department - he might be someone who is actually awfully boring, or arrogant, or silly, or temperamental (these qualities are turn-offs for me).

If you are wondering how shallow I am for releasing such statements, well go ahead and guess. Many people say beauty is skin deep, and beauty is superficial, and beauty does not last long... and some other thing such as your personality or your dignity is more important, more long-lasting, more valueable.

True, I shall not dispute that. But let's not totally overlook beauty. After all there must be a reason why God award some of us with beauty. After all there must be a reason why beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

Personally I have always been a fan of pretty things (minus bric-a-bracs and those lovely dolls). I always find motivation in good-looking guys. If good-looking guys work in my office, I would not be mourning over Monday to Friday mornings and be at the office by 10AM (currently I'm consistently showing up around 11AM).

A good-looking face is indeed a thing that should be appreciated. As Oscar Wilde puts it *"And Beauty is a form of Genius-is higher indeed, than Genius, as it needs no explanation."

And suddenly I have an urge to buy cosmetics...

No comments: