Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Lina Teoh isn't so bad...

Lina Teoh and her crew came filming at our lab again this morning. The CT Lab team guys are all out for assignment and she needed to go through some IT products with someone.

I must have been smiling too happily when I got to the office at 10.30am (well, I'm early so that's why I'm smiling, see?) cause the sales manager saw me and immediately roped me in to be the one to tell Ms Teoh how things work.

So I was dragged to her make-up room (our small library actually) and three things were handed to me. It was a Canon digital SLR camera, the PEG-TJ27 Clie and Motorola V600 - I had not had the chance to play with any of these gadgets before, but as IT stuff can be quite standard stuff, I said I'll help wherever I can.

It was easy peasy when it comes to cameraphone (V600) - I was able to tell her what she can do with it and answer her techie FAQs just by tinkering with the gadget's menu and setting. The Clie wasn't so bad either, cause I had a some experience reviewing PDAs.

Surprisingly Ms Teoh is very pleasant to work with - she had good questions which actually made me see how a real consumer's mind works. I began to suspect the marketing guy who said she was eksyen the other day probably blew his story out of proportion.

The digital SLR stumped me - hey, it's a powerful 8 megapixel model okay, and I only had about 5 minutes with the thing. And it turns out that Ms Teoh here knows her cameras well.

When she started asking about wide angle and normal SLR equivalent and stuff, of course I could not answer without referring to the manual. Besides, I have never worked with a traditional SLR (yes, I went straight into digitalhood and totally skipped the whole before-CCD era, whaddaya expect from a person who's not even familiar with VHS?) so I could not give her definate anwers.

But as it turns out I had to help out a colleague do his David Blame Office Magic goof project, I simply ask the Lab Donk who just came back from an assignment to handle the explaining bit to her. He didn't comply easily but by then Ms Teoh already have her make-up on and she looked gorgeous, so I managed to rope him in.

It was a good thing that Ms Teoh did not mind me leaving her with the Lab Donk, and she nicely said thanks as I was about to leave. When I got back into the editorial room, the marketing guy who earlier on called Ms Teoh names asked me how did it go - and I said she's not bad at all...

No comments: