Tuesday, April 27, 2004

My favourite X-men is Storm

Before I start let me just make clear that my previous post is dedicated to my favourite flirt-buddy H, who initiated (pressured me, rather!) the write-up on the subject, as if he didn't know I have lots of other write up to submit to the Ed already! But he did say he was feeling in need for some kind of attention so..

Anyway, today's post is about rain and my personal experience with rain.

If you ask my sis, she'll tell you that my name should be Shaman, Rain-Shaman to be exact, cause everytime I sing it'll rain (this line is funny if you happen to know my real name and you also know that some tribes address their bomoh as "shaman"). Well, maybe not everytime, but in too many occasions, that's what happens la.

Ask the residents of Aishah Hall of MCC Kuantan (year 1996 - 1998) and they'll probably agree with my sis. In fact they can tell you about this lil incident.. Ah, whaddaheck, I'll tell you miself, thank you very much!

We were lepaking around the TV room, watching football or something. When the commercials came I got bored so I did a little singing of Zaiton Sameon's song - no, not Menaruh Harapan, that other one that goes kupu-kupu.. hiasan.. dindingmuu.. you know? Dat one lah.

Anyway, I haven't even finished the first verse when suddenly we heard a growl outside followed by a blinding flash, and then "tthuddum!", a thunder broke, spearing into a spot on the earth that seemed very near outside the TV room, judging from the high decibel that registered on our ears.

Then, like a bucket full of water being toppled on floor on the seventh cloud, rain came pouring down.

All the Aishahans present at the TV room looked at me. I stared back at them, bravely.

I am after all a mere normal mortal who don't have the power to bring rain - so what if the rain started right after my singing, it was just a matter of coincidence. Why should I be afraid? I continued to stare back at them.

Yet all it take is one person to point her nasty perfectly-filed finger towards my direction. It was my roomate, Y. She's been associating my singing to the constant thunderstorm and that night, in front of everybody, she finally got something to back her theory.

And the accusation came: "You did it! You were singing the few seconds right before the rain came!"

I wasn't about to cave in. But before I could come up with a logical/reasonable/clever defense...

"Wahh, terrernya kau!" suddenly a voice broke, sounding truly appreciative of my supernatural talent. It was Kak Andak, at that time a sophomore whom we all respect cause she never give us freshmen any hard time.

"Aku memang harapkan hujan pon, best skit tidur malam ni!" she said, and with that the rest of the girls in the room began to murmur in agreement.

And that's how the story goes. It's true, kisah benar stuff I tell you.. Believable right? Wait till I tell you about my friend's experience with a real bomoh, now that might be a little harder to believe.

In case you're wondering, no, it wasn't me singing these last few weeks - I'm not auditioning for Malaysian Idol nor Akademi Fantasia nor Bintang RTM - so go find another scapegoat alright...

p/s: BTW this post is for my sis who's been calling me Shaman instead of my real name lately.

No comments: