Friday, April 23, 2004

The Flirt-Buddy category

I recently discovered that I have several straight male friends that fits into the Flirt-Buddy category.

My flirt buddies are mostly good-looking, charming, intelligent, most of the time civil, romantic as hell(boy) and they fall in love very easily. Usually for the wrong type of girl - and I won't be the one to tell them so (cause flirt buddies are essentially still your buddies, so you gotta be supportive, not authoritative, no?).

But here's what's cool about flirt buddies: no matter who they date, they'll always seek you out.

My flirt buddies call me from time to time, and we'll meet up, and we'll update each other about life, work and such. We can beat the heck out of each other and throw insults as we see fit, but at the same time he'll give me piggy back rides and I'll let him eat out of my spoon.

He'll tell me about his current date/GF, and we'll try to generate the suitability rate - you know, analyse the relationship a bit. He'll get feedbacks from me: apparently he thinks I can give him the typical girl perspective.. but nevermind that.

I'll tell him about the guys I met and dated as well, and how unsuitable they are for me. He'll try to explain the weird behaviours from his point of view, so I'll get the what-was-he-thinking-when-he-did-that kind of feedback.

He'll ask me questions he didn't dare ask any other girl, and I'll ask him straight out why some guys can have so much potential yet they act so looser-y?

In the end we'll just tell each other that no pair can be more suited than the two of us, that we'll hook up when the time comes - and ultimately how we'll screw up each other's life when that happens.

No comments: