Thursday, June 30, 2005

What to do when you receive prank calls

1. Keep the number in your phonebook, so that you can call your telco and have the number barred.

2. If the calls persists or maybe the fella change his number everytime, just pick it up, leave your handphone where you can see it or just resume sleeping - make the caller pay (a lot) by not hanging up till he's all wisen up.

3. Get an extremely loud whistle, pick it up and give the loudest "feewit!" you can muster.

4. Entertain you friends by putting the call on speakerphone.

5. Pass the number to all the insurance agents/telemarketers/multi-level marketing downlines/get-rich-quick scheme conmen you know.

6. Sign the number up at SMS.ac.com!

4 comments:

stellar said...

no.6 is a good one, let somebody else suffer too! it'll make my day!

siti rosman said...

Hey it works, the prank caller who's been calling me at 2AM/3AM/4AM has stopped calling me the day after I asked my IT dept pal to register the number. My opis kenot access the site, (last time I had them IT ppl to delete my account 4 me) guess they found out about the scam much earlier..

Anonymous said...

do you think no 1 can work? have u tried? DON'T THINK SO!

siti rosman said...

Hi Anonymous,
Apparently you'll have to go to your telco's office with a police report to request for the barring. But that's my lousy telco talking... heard with Celcom they have a form you can fill in to request, no need police report... Hmm, maybe I should investigate this for my next article huh...