Monday, April 04, 2005

Writer's block! Pathetic, really...

How many times have I been to this corner of my mind? The corner that says "Yer havin writer's block and yer not doin anythin about it". The corner that says "Go ahead, go and layanlah your pathetic lazyness, see if that works".

And what did I do after realizing that I'm giving in to my habit of procrastinating? I went and signed up for a CPR course, yep, yep, that's what I did. Ah hah.

In retrospect, I could deduce my rash action as a sub-concious reaction to my current condition - and CPR specifically is a symbolism of my inner being trying to get out of my lousy predicament.

Which means, when I signed up for CPR - you know, the course in which people learn how to give first phase rescue treatment for the injured in cases of emergencies - the person I was really trying to save is myself. My self that's dying in the lake of whine, drowned in the sea of laze and blinded by clouds of despair.

Yeah, I could say that. Sounds appropriate, sounds logical, sounds analytical in fact. Sounds as if I've been doing some serious thinking.

But I won't. I won't give any excuse for my behaving so irresponsibly. I shall own up.

I am currently feeling extremely takde mood to write any travel piece story, and I signed up for the CPR course cause I'll get a sijil afterwards (though I don't collect sijils as a hobby, it'll be proof of me exploiting my time with the coop productively).

Abis cerita.

1 comment:

MagnusCaleb said...

i'm goin' to the writers festival in sydney this may...and maybe meetin up with pari and halen over there