Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Pricey prices

They must have unanimously decided that since the price of fuel has gone up, so must all the tepung pelitas, ayam perciks, air sirap limaus and the rest of the food items sold in Bazar Ramadhan. Some stalls were selling kuehs at RM2 per five pieces and RM3.50 per small bag of sugarcane juice!

What happened to those lima seringgit spring rolls and puteri tiga sebilik? And those nice RM1 packs of murtabak and air sirap selasih? Gone, all gone, if there's some, it's a rare reward in the form of compromised sizes. Heartless I tell you!

So I have given up all aspirations to fully depend on Bazar Ramadhan stuff for buka puasa. Cook at home if we must, but buy another bungkus of nasi kerabu at RM4.50 again - never!

It's a good thing that I've received several break fast invitations from the IT corps, as well as some pals and schoolmates. Even if I need to spend, then I'll be enjoying food with good company, and that's something!

Which brings me to yet another good thing to look forward to during this fasting month - the chance to get together with family and friends, catching up, hanging out. Ain't that fun...

No comments: