Thursday, June 10, 2004

Siti Ctea

Siti Nurhaliza is now officially a tea seller. Yup, she's branching out she said, so she'll be seeling her own brand of tea, called Ctea, from now on.

Her brand of tea was launched during the recent Pesta Kaamatan. Ctea, you should know this, is a product that does not contain chemicals of any sort - made from leaves plucked from the most suitable-for-tea-growing lands in Sabah, mind you. So if you drink Ctea, you'll be drinking pure tea.

OK lah. The point of this entry is: WHADDAHECK?

Hasn't she learnt from Sudirman that drinks just don't work? I mean, does anyone still remember Sudi? Or for that matter, Senario's drink?

And I think some other boyband/rap group/nashid group tried endorsing some kind of beverage too, some time back right? And where are they now? OK, they're probably still jumping on the stage but where's them drinks?

Anyway, if I were Siti Nurhaliza, I won't try to follow Sudirman to a T/tee/tea. If I were her, I'd probably capitalised on my exposure in the IT field instead (see Siti, there's a "T" in "IT" you know).

After her long contract with TMNet, and some with Minolta and now Samsung - you'd think she'd gotten the drift. After all these IT-based press conferences, surely she can tell the difference between Megahertz and Megabytes (like our darling Lina Teoh) already right?

I remember asking Samsung's PR why Siti Nurhaliza? She said the industry knows her already, that's why.

Siti, takkan no one told you this? Takkan lah main terima je contract and never ask what is it that they like so much about you?

You have to compile your intangible assets and use it, girl! C'mon, you have the opportunity, you just gotta seize it!

Imagine if Siti Nurhaliza were to produce peripheral stuff like mouse, joystick, keyboard, speaker and such. Call the brand CTtech, or something more flashy (and parallel to her image like..) CTbytes.

Put her face on everything (her true-colour image, icon image, whatever man). Then take it with her everytime she holds a concert - let it be her merchandise line.

After all, multimedia should be more relavant to her day-time job right? Well, compare IT gadgets to tea leaves, now do I make sense?

I wonder if all these while she's been eyeing the tea industry and making notes about Sabah tea plantations or if she'd ever done any research on this whole it's-time-I-diversified-from-entertainment-so-I-guess-tea-sounds-good venture.

OK, probably I'm wrong here, but... oh, someone tell me what's going on with Malaysia's rags-to-riches mega pop princess?

I mean, really, tea?

No comments: