Friday, June 25, 2004

Forgive me for I have sinned!

The coop was having a betting pool for the Portugal vs England match yesterday. The pool started from heavy debating that took place in the department next to mine and after a lot of squabbling even the co's chief (the so called quiet character) got caught in the frenzy.

Me, I'm such a sucker for bets. I love betting! In college I managed to scrape through Finite Maths (bloody proud of my C+) simply cause there's a few chapters dealing with Probability - the only kind of math I can relate to besides plussing, minusing, timesing and devidising.

And when someone called my extension up and asked me if I'm interested to join the pool I said put my name under the Portuguese banner - simply because I adore this player called Nuno Gomes.

Back to bets, usually if I bet I'd look for a free meal (now does anyone still wanna ask me why my email is makan_free@yahoo.com?) or a free movie. I also bet for other bric-a-bracs, like a piggy back ride on someone's back or a massage session (so far my sister has won two massage sessions out of Euro 2004).

And that's it.

But this morning (hey, it was 11.22AM when I arrived) when someone handed me a RM10 and said "Golo!", I was a bit surprised. Sure, I know England lost and Beckham sux, but what's up with this RM10???

Then the so-called bookie of the coop said that yesterday's bet is no cheap talk, apparently each bet costs RM10. So my bet on the host team has made me RM10 richer...

No comments: