Thursday, June 24, 2004

The end of Euro 2004 as I know it...

I'm wearing black today (no, the All Blacks aren't in town, and I'm not going goth OK) cause it is the end of Euro 2004 - all cause my favourite team, Italy has ungracefully fell out of the tournament!

I'm blaming Vieri for his highly questionable performance during the match against Sweden! I'm blaming Buffon a bit for not having a bigger, more aerodynamic hairdo*!

Had Vieri carefully finish at least one of his headings, Italy would have won the game and comfortably walk through. Had Buffon sport a haircut with better air control it would have sent him flying back into that corner where Bang Berahimovic's "keldai kick" ball went in.

Speaking about Ibrahimovic's goal, I againt would like to blame Vieri for not liking Tarzan when he was a kid. Had he developed a liking for Tarzan he would have jumped and cling onto the goal post and block Ibrahimovic's goal with his chest or face - at least that would smooth over all his pathetic headings.

Speaking about Vieri not liking Tarzan, would it be possible to blame his aunties and uncle for not buying him Tarzan and Jane figurines and videos when he was a kid?

Uh, I better get my nephews Zafri and Zakwan some Tarzan stuff then!

* gotta complement Buffon's hairstylist though, he must have used Brylcream - the "masih tegak lagi?" gel - good staying power demonstrated throughout all of Buffon's outings...

No comments: