Thursday, June 02, 2011

Thanks for the discount, Rajnikhant


Good news for fans of Rajnikhant, the king is out of the hospital and is now in good health. So I heard from my cabbie's radio this afternoon.

I was at Sunway trying to get a ride back to the coop when a cab finally stopped and offered to send me to Bangsar, as per meter price plus RM2 (this is cheap considering most cabbies in Sunway will ask you for extra RM5 on top of what's displayed on the meter).

So there we were, listening to some groovy Tamil songs when suddenly the DJ gets talking and I can only catch a few words (among others, vanakam and serri) when the name Rajnikhant popped up. I asked the cabbie, "Sorry could you just translate the deejay, is Rajnikhant out of the hospital already?"

The cabbie nodded enthusiastically. "Yes, yes, he's better now. Just yesterday I read about his kidney failure and he's going downhill, but today all of a sudden he's better," he translated.

"I see... So that robot movie won't be his last then," I commented.

"Oh are you a fan?"

"Not so much of his fan, but I do enjoy his movies. I still could not get over Chandramukhi," I said, and told him the actress did a fantastic job of being possessed in that film.

"I love that one too. It's one of his best ever. You've seen the robot one?" asked the cabbie.

"No la."

At that point we arrived at my destination. "So it is RM16, plus RM2 for the tol, and another RM2 extra right?" I said as I fished through my big bag.

"Eh RM16 is already inclusive the tol. Can give me RM16 enough."

"What about the RM2 extra you asked earlier?"

"Eh nevermind la. Save it for Rajnikhant's next movie ticket," he suggests.

Thanks!!!!

No comments: