Monday, December 13, 2004

And true love will find you

Ever heard people say "When thy seek, thy shalt not find, yet when thy least expect, it comes"? No? Well that's probably cause no one talks like that anymore. But you get the gist, right?

It's about true love. About how true love is hard to find, but somehow it will find you. And that's what happened to me - my true love came to me. Yup, you can even sing this line like that X'mas song ("On the x day of X'mas my true love gave to me..").

He - my first (sulung you know) true love - came to me when I least expected him to.

See I've been in love with this particular person, this wonderful creation, this talented human, for a long, long time. He's cool, he's tall, he's handsome, he's cute, he's good-looking, he's tough, he's skinny, he's fair...

[tarik nafas.. huuuh]

He's my love, my darling, my intan (intan is actually the kulit layer of permata jewellers say, hence, diamond skin?), my payung (umbrella - a nice one), my delima (ruby), my permata (diamond), my zamrud (emerald)... mine.

Mine!

OK, OK he's not really mine, but as I am his Numero Uno admirer who will always be just that, he - the one who will always be known as the Numero Uno Guy - is, essentially, mine.

Alright, alright. The truth is, as far as I know, he has four Numero Uno fans - who loved, adored and supported him throughout his entire career, since the days of Tak Kisahlah Beb!, the days of Roy, the days of him as a leather-jacketed Sons of Adam.

In fact it was his charisma, his magnetic presence and his lively youthful characters that gelled the four members of his Numero Uno fan club. The four of us bonded and (kinda) signed an agreement - acknowledging that come what/who may, he will still be the Numero Uno - and to this day, our agreement is as strong as how it was when we first carved it on stone (literally - but you'll have to visit SM Raja Perempuan, Ipoh to see it).

While our history is hardly as impressive nor as old as Da Vinci's Priory of Sion, the fact is, we have been in the club for as long as 13 years. And that's how long I've waited to meet him.

I've tried looking for him - and many others told me they've found him, but not me. Tried as I might, I always end up not being where he appears.

Then suddenly, there he was.

There he was with some 50-odd members of cast and crew smack at the Cheras LRT stop. My good ol' stop. And I was there. There at that precise moment in this universe.

It was fated. We were destined to meet. And fate made him came to me!

And all I could do was took out the Motorola E680 I was reviewing, and started snapping. At first it was zoom, zoom, snap. Then he came nearer, and snap, snap, snap.

As he approached, some crewmembers were already laughing at me. I must have had my oh-my-God-it's-the-love-of-my-life look on my face - y'know, the one when your eyes just simply pop-out stare and your mouth is all but shut, in other words, shocked by the sight in front of you? Coupled with hands on cameraphone clicking away on automode, I must have been quite a rare sight to see.

Starstruck. That's how I was. But can you really blame me? I've waited for 13 years to meet him! Thir-teen ye-ars!

I told my friends that if I ever bump into him I shall simply freeze. And that I almost did.

It's a good thing that I've rehearsed a bit - see I've played this moment many times in my head, going "What should I do if I meet... "

So I managed to call out, "Encik Faizal!"

Of course that too made the camera crew suspectedly for Gerak Khas the Series burst into laughter. But I don't care. (After all I do respect him, so the Encik title was an apt inclusion. So laugh you fools, I don't care.)

And miraculously, neither did he!

Faizal Hussein - the Great, Elusive, Perfect Specimen, Faizal Hussein that I've adored for years - turned to look at me with a sincere smile, and I shoved out my sweaty palms for a handshake, which he took, with much generosity and penuh kemesraan, and said, "Ya?"

And with one word I declared myself to him and the world - "Peminat!"

..deriving more laughter from the camera crew, only this time it seems as if they were all very very far away from us. The laughter sounded 2-D, distant, unimportant.

There were just me, my sis (another pioneer member of the Faizal Hussein is Numero Uno fan club) and of course, the Enigmatic Fantastic Faizal Hussein.

My sis too shook hands with him and told him that she was a fan since ten years ago - to which he responded, "Terima kasih..". Now why couldn't I thought of something effective like that to say to him? Oh yeah, I was helplessly, bodohly starstruck.

Then I asked him if he'd mind me taking a snapshot of him. Without hesitation he said, "Boleh..." and stood immobile with a smile. For me - he posed for me!

That smile, that magical smile - I almost could not find the shutter button on the damn Linux-based phone. Yet somehow I did it - a clicking sound was heard.

And with that he said, "OK.." - to which I said thanks, and blurted out (warning: the coming is the stupidest line I've said in my entire life) "Selamat Berlakon!"

Selamat Berlakon? What the... Where did that come from? Why didn't I tell him that I've scribbled his name more times throughout my schooling years than I did my own name?

Yet he seems to appreciate it! He nodded to me as he walked towards the group of cameramen, and waved goodbye. A perfect wave - the one that seemed to say, "Nice to meet you gals."


*photo taken using the above-said cameraphone, the VGA unit came with 14-step zoom you know..

Faizal Hussein's the best, he is, he is!


p/s: Glad to be blogging again - told myself I can fight my addiction to blogging if I can survive the Raya without posting a single entry, and that I did. I'm not addicted to blogging. I just like it. A lot.

No comments: