Wednesday, February 18, 2004

The past haunts

The past that haunted me was a guy I used to like... Chap Chung
Chap Chung is a guy I once almost dated - well we went out about three times, and all the times we did, I dragged my friends along for company. Man, he must be quite pissed each time.

But he was a gentleman so he said he didn't mind. So much so he went on to date other girls, and on one fine day I bumped into him on a date with a girl, an older girl, so bright and funny you wished you could hate her but you couldn't.

Yet we kept in touch once in a while.

Recently, right on Valentine's Day I got an SMS from him. Not that he was wishing me anything, he was just wondering how am I doing and all that shit.

The sucker in me somehow managed to propel me into replying with Happy V wish, all bright and happy and very platonic-friendly mannered "Howru" followed, plus a smug note saying that I am having fun in Pangkor island with some friends.

He didn't reply me SMS quickly (later I found out that he was occupied) and that deflated my euphoria effectively. Hours later he replied, but by then I had lost interest already and replied his replies very coolly.

After all things are not the same now - he has someone (I think he still does) but I don't. I have to move on.


The past that haunted me was a guy I still despise... Lintut
Lintut is the fella I used to date before ChapChung, and he is such a pain in the neck. Forget about him being quite cute and tall enough to suit my standards, he can be such a dick sometimes, and other times he's just boring.

I find him most annoying when he insisted that I should meet him every day after work (totally ignoring prayer times on top of that!), and that he always point out that he has called me 4x times that week while I have called him 4x - 1 times, in other words he is the berkira sort.

Since he seems to mengungkit a lot, I dropped him slowly by telling him that we should be friends. After that he only called/SMSed me a few times a year, not even bothering to ask how am I doing but went straight into "Can you do me a favour?" Yup, he contacts me only when he needed something. I retaliated by not replying any of his SMS and rejecting his calls.

So when he SMSed me yesterday saying that he saw me in front of my office and that I looked totally "sombong", busy talking on the phone and totally "buat derk" ignoring his honk.

I was sooo tempted to immediately delete that SMS. But I was in a good mood (after all this is my "relax week"), told myself I shan't be too rude this time and told him that a honk barely resemble the sound of someone calling my name, so catch me next time.

His reply: "Next time I catch you pakai pukat tunda." Hahaha. Hihihi. Huhuhu. Puh-lease! That'll teach me not to reply his SMSes/calls ever again!


The past that haunted me was a guy I still have a crush on... D
D is a photographer/videographer whom I met about a year ago. But then he had his eyes on my pretty colleague, so I didn't get to talk to him much.

But what intrigues me most was the way he wisely handled my pretty friend's rude comment to him. At that time he was only being civil when he excused himself from our table, saying he had to rush to another event. And my pretty friend went "Go lah, who's stoppin ye?"

To that he just smiled and said, "There are other people sitting at this table you know..." And right after he left his namecard to me, and shook hands with the other two guys who were at the table. I told him I'll look out for him in other events, and he signalled me to just call him instead.

Today when I saw him for the second time, he was still that cute, youthful looking guy, tall and darker (bet her went for a beach holiday recently too!). He smiled at me, but not cause he recognised me, rather cause he wants to shoot a footage of us press attending the PC.

For a split second I wished I was prettier, or had worn make-up, or had dressed to kill this morning, anything, as long as I can attract his attention.

I quickly repented, returned his smile and concentrated on tho going ons in front of me. After all, I do have an intern tagging along that I need to impress here!

And before I knew it, the PC was over, everyone packed up and headed for the refreshment table, and my colleagues were ready to leave! Bye bye gorgeous!


Sigh, sigh, sigh.

No comments: