Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Will there be a repeat performance?

Today the PM28ers (that's my U mates, same batch, same course, and we all went through the same shit at MCC and PPP/ITM) received two more wedding invitations through our e-group. First from Aru, second invitation from Giant.

My initial reaction: The economy must be really picking up! I mean getting married nowadays is not cheap: one friend of mine, Wan Saba who did all the decorations and paraphernalia (e.g. bunga telur, bunga pahar, hantaran etc) still spent about twenty grand for her wedding!

My secondary thoughts: Aru and Giant! Of all people! Granted I don't know these guys that well - I mean, I'm not their best friend or part of their clique last time - but somehow I always associate these guys to be ones who will party all night till they're 30.

At least that's the impression I have upon them, based on the times I had spent with them in college and U, which include that fun BBQ trip to Port Dickson right after our last day at U. Man, that was one cool trip - though we all were stuck in the same college and U for like 4 years and a half, it was only on that day that I saw the other facets of their personality, more than what they tend to show during group discussions, presentations and bump-into-heys.

Now: I'm kinda worried that this year might be a repeat of last year - I mean 15 weddings attended (21 invitations altogether, in fact), whaddaheck?

No comments: