Tuesday, January 20, 2004

I wanna! I wanna! I wanna watch a play!

Gian is a Malay word that means "crave". Right now I have a craving for a sit-down-watch-a-play session.

It's been a long time since I last caught a play. And I remember that last year I went to sit for several plays, but most of it happened during the first quarter of 2003.

So it's no surprise that my craving has reached its peak. But everyone's going back to their respective hometowns, or have a function to attend, or broke (unlike me, I am broke but refused to act like it! Oh when will I grow up and stop thinking that money grows on trees?).

So I have no one to go with (well most of them had replied my email and no one says a confirmed "Yes, let's!" yet. A maybe came from Fiza, but she said it was Juan who wanted to go and if they do go I don't want to be a third wheel.

I killed time by reading up reviews written by arts-oriented bloggers like NZ and SultanMuzaffar. Not that positive, generally, but they say Liza Othman's performance was superb - ooh... my soft spot's talking me into begging people to catch it with me!

At the last minute, I got a reply from Intan - it seems like she got a free ticket for that play, and agreed to meet me tomorrow! Phew! I just hope I will get to sit next to her (hopefully her free ticket isn't the most expensive - yeah, yeah, I remember, I'm broke and I'm supposed to save & invest mo money - but as Sue would say, whaddahey!)

No comments: