Wednesday, January 07, 2004

New Year Resolutions, in black and white (see if this works)

Wish me luck, cause this year I'm hoping I'll be happier than last year (though last year I got a lot to be grateful for, but I'm only human - and one is rarely truly satisfied), and I'm actually penning my resolutions in black and white like this:

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS:

1. Eat more carrots to control deterioration of eyesight. I fear the end of my comfy contact lenses days are over as they are now that Bousch & Lomb's phasing out SeeQuence! Am considering laser correction surgery... but need a lot of dough for that... Carrots! Carrots! Carrots!

2. Invest more! ASB's dividend is record low this year - 9% plus only if I'm not mistaken, this is not good! I gotta figure out how a tiny bilis in a big expensive pond called KL can survive and still have fun! Am considering Maybank's Bumiputra loan for ASB, as well as Unit Trust under SBB... Gotta check out deals at Bank Rakyat as well for I heard "katc-ching!" [sound accompanied by RM signs in bold clouding my eyes] stories about the bank. Hmm... suggestions/two-sen's worth, anyone?

3. Travel to new destinations - yeah I know I just said I wanted to save more dough, but how could I, when I only earn so little yet still aspire to see Sabah, Thailand and Indonesia? Cut back on B-grade movie flicks (gotta control my obsession for 6-bucks day), cut back on yakking on the kannikku, I guess! Anyway, the I-must-get-there-this-year destination: Sabah!

4. Learn a new language. Am considering everything - Javanese, Japanese, Spanish, Cantonese, German, Gaelic, Greek.. anything man! Must also go through the Speak Easy: Thai book I bought on my last birthday...

5. Curse less, please, (in Malay and English, that is, for curses in other languages will be considered as OK due to learning licence) thank you very much!


RECAP ON 2003

1. Event of the year: Family trip to Penang (Sept 29 - 30), have to thank Shamsul Ghau Ghau's Destinasi Budget for this..

2. Most incredible personal feat: Attended 15 weddings! Whaddaheck! What am I tryin to prove anyway? That I'm a sucker for ayam masak merah? Please!

3. Most worth-my-money theatre: Hikayat Sikit-sikit Banyak-banyak (June 2), not cause Ruv's in it, but it was really, really funny!

4. Most happenin' gig: sorry Linkin' Boys, it's Konsert Eksklusif Bersama Gigi (Sept 26) - us right in front of Thomas, backstage - I'm still recovering...

5. Most cool gang-activity: Lord of the Rings Marathon (Dec 19) - 'nuff said!

6. Most fun whaddaheck-it's-Saturday-night: Night Safari at Zoo Negara (Dec 6)

7. Most surprising outcome: Hari Raya Aidilfitri (Nov 25) - cause I enjoyed it more than Puasa (it's usually the other way round)

8. Most number-of-times-watched movie: Pirates of the Caribbean - I saw it 3 times on big screen (once on a free seat on a pre-premiere show, in fact), and I still want another swig at it!)

9. Most oh-suddenly-I-know-politics event: Tun Dr Mahathir's resignation (Oct 31)

10. Most kelakar/pleasant surprise news: My cousin Kamal (he's my age, dressed all seventies, religious bloke) said to his parents, "Oh, Mama, saya mau kahwin..."


p/s: MATTA fair is happening at PWTC this weekend. Maybe I should go and check out if anyone's got a nice package deal for a trip to Sabah...

No comments: