Friday, June 22, 2012

Too old for Twitter

I noticed that sometimes I got really smart stuff to say on Twitter, but I end up not posting those because after a reread, it ain't that smart at all. But I'm glad that most of my short ideas to shout out to the world sounds, most of the time, not that original. I rather be not original than stupid.

I think a lot can be said about one's personality when Twitter comes into play. Forcing people to write short, Twitter has made me cultivate a habit of thinking twice before posting anything, because, at the risk of sounding stupid, I'd hate it if people know me so well.

Why should you want to know more about me than necessary? I'm a nobody, and I prefer to be a nobody. If you really wana know me, come see me. Does that mean I'm too old for the Twitter generation? Surely not, right? Not when I'm the one who grew up with Windows Me?

If anyone asks me about what I think of Twitter, I guess the way I see it is Twitter allows everyone to talk to anybody and tell something to everybody. They can chat up stars and politicians, read in their conversations, join a bunch of strangers discussing something, and tolerate those who can't even do it properly.

Do I want to be part of it? I guess it is like the real life. Sometimes you just want to say something, even if it is not original or/and stupid. So I guess yes, sometimes, no, most of the times. Does that tell you more about me?

No comments: