Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"Undi la... Jangan tidur!"

I heard about Pete Teo's video fiasco, and took my time before viewing the Undilah clip at YouTube. Why? Cause I'm not sure whether I'll like it or not, or whether I'm ready for it or not.

When I finally did minutes ago, I guess I've come to a few observations:

1. I didn't like Namewee's rapping. It's still as terrible as his first infamous video. They should've gotten my favourite rapper, the Ipoh-mali Point Blanc. I mean, what a cutie...! Looks aside he is a damn good rapper!

2. I love it that they chose Ku Li to start the video. Those who's been dissing why they chose Ku Li over other BN faces eg Khairi Jamaluddin etc should read up on Ku Li's history, find out what he has done for the country, his struggles, his journey first, then figure out if your comments fit.

3. Nurul Izzah DO have a personality. Though they had to feature her in many frames before the personality finally showed up (vs Wardina who only needed a couple to shine), it is cool to see her act her age, remind people that she is one young leader who has potential to serve the country better.

4. I think the video should go on mainstream media - if the cheap-looking-video of N.D. Lala singing a tribute to our PM can be given airtime, why shouldn't this neat piece of PSA? I'm sure the catchy message will reach out to those who have not voted before to do so. It's strong, but not preachy, OK a bit preachy but for the right reason, right?

So how about a look at the video yourself?

No comments: