Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Don't go to the streets, go online

It's quite a read, Malaysian bloggers and netizens today, so much so I got slurped into the topic concerning Penang's ban on al-Quran recitals over loudspeakers in the morning.

You can immediately see who's thinking, and who's simply talking cock. I just hope the work of the forum moderators at all the media sites (lefties, righties, got aah anyone being totally unbiased?) will get easier - but for this to happen I guess they'd be praying for Malaysians to read and proof their comments before clicking that Submit Comment button - hmm.

As I read on, I can't help but laugh out loud when I came across a Greenpeace-wannabe prosecutes both those who support having the recitals done as well as those who opposed. He/She commented that those who support are contributing to sound pollution "which is damaging to our ears" at the same time accused those who opposed being likely joss stick burners and papier-mache makers - who in turn are "encouraging serious, repetitious air pollution", adding that like many people his/her age, this person will "do away with the burning and stop teaching children to waste paper for senseless burning". Wow. Talk about arguing from all facets. I takut... hahahah - now you see why I kept reading those comments?

Another netizen also asked if anyone knowns a good sound-proofing contractor as he/she lives next to a temple that "must have bells made from sound hell". Muah hah hah!

However I'm glad to see these folks airing their complaints via these effective and impactful channels instead of going to the streets.

I can hear you guys more clearly this way.

No comments: