Monday, July 11, 2011

Maybank oh Maybank (Part II)

Thank you Maybank for responding to my complaint, which I lodge over the e- facilities at Maybank2u.com.

And thank you to Ms Norhashima of Maybank Taman Midah for responding to me with high level of competency, professionalism and my, oh, my, sincere budi bahasa. What a rare thing manners are nowadays, and I note with great pleasure that there are still folks who practice it! It is exactly what I had hoped from Maybank.

Let me tell you what happened.

On Monday (today), around 6PM I got a call on my mobile phone and Ms Norhashima kindly tackled my complaint in a very organised manner.

She first checked if I am the person who lodge the complaint.

Then she reinvestigated the incident of which I spoke of.

Next, she asked if my coins were correctly deposited.

After which, she assured me that such incident will not happen again, and even if they are busy and have to instruct customers to simply trust the staff on duty to bank in the coins on their behalf and leave without receiving the customer copy of the deposit slip, the staff on duty will do their best to assure customers that no hanky panky will take place.

And when I suggested that it doesn't hurt to have the staff being more polite the next time, Ms Norhashima said the bank will take my complaint positively and act accordingly.

I also alerted Ms Norhashima about the poor old uncle slapping down passbooks in anger at the front desk. She was surprised that the front desk girl did not conduct a specific set of steps that has been set by the bank for such cases. Thus she said no wonder the uncle got mad, and that is such a shame cause Maybank actually has a fixed procedure for such cases.

Since I got a chance to help the bank improve, I also told Ms Norhashima of the previous incident which happened to me before, regarding opening a bank account for company use. Again she was surprised why the staff on duty, (a certain Mr L but I didn't tell her that) did not inform us the right procedure and instead we were forced to come to the bank four times before something as straightforward as opening a bank account could be completed.

We parted on a high note, and I thank her for her kind and swift response to my complaint. Maybank, I think you should reward Ms Norhashima for her skills and courage in following up on a fussy customer like me :)

No comments: