Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Good luck, good health, God bless you

This morning my carpool mate and I started our journey to office quite early. As she was turning into the road that leads to my office, a Wira from the opposite lane swerved swiftly, trying to overtake an Iswara which was going too slow for her.

Yes, the Wira driver is a female, a female with one hand on the handphone trying to SMS and the other barely touching the steering wheel. My carpool mate was quick enough to step on the brakes causing both of us to choke on the safety belt, and the Wira managed to avoid us by inches.

We quickly elapsed into a mantra of curses, hoping that the Spell of Seven Years of Bad Luck we had chanted for her will quickly be carried by the wind and gets sucked in to the air-cond duct of the Wira, which was fast escaping behind us.

Before we could start the next level of bad mantra (we were thinking of sending her the Spell of One Thousand Bad Hair Day and Spell of Chasing DBKL Compound), we saw the Iswara on the opposite lane had actually stopped and started to honk at us, not loudly nor madly, but rather musically, you know, that friendly little half-pressed honk-honk-honk just to get our attention.

My carpool mate rolled down her window. "Apehal lak ni?" I muttered under my breath.

"Are you two OK?" asked the guy in the Iswara. My carpool mate went "Aa?"

"Yes, yes, thank you. You OK?" I asked, slightly surprised that he was concerned enough to stop and ask, right in the middle of the not quite busy road.

"Ya ya, I'm OK. Have a good day!" he smiled as he spoke, at the same time rolling up his window and his car started to move.

My carpool mate quickly got her car back on the go, and we were silent for a while.

"That's really nice of him!" I finally said as we were approaching my office building.

"Very! I wish him good luck, good health.."

".. God bless him!" I sang the finishing line.

It strikes me how quickly we react to bad things that happened to us, and how a gesture of kindness got us speechless - had we become so unaccustomed to good things that when something nice happened, we just didn't know how to react anymore?

4 comments:

MagnusCaleb said...

is that a female driver that usually with one hand on the the bow and the other on the violin?


:)

siti rosman said...

hahaha! :))

spot on bro!

tu belum dia nyanyi sambil nari dengan irama cerewerewe bom bom lagi...

Anonymous said...

good morning friends. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for the sake of that meticulous model. The prices seeking the shoes were approximately 310 pounds everwhere. But completely I set this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.