Monday, October 22, 2007

Abang Mus back from space

Dr Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Sheikh Mustapha is back from space, and one minister said Malaysians can stand a few inches taller now that we have had a Malaysian travel in space.

Suddenly it all makes sense now. We wasted millions of ringgit to send people to sail around the globe, climb the highest peak and track across north and south pole so we can gain a few inches here and there.

I was wondering what was the main objective of such efforts. The one which was most mind-boggling was the project where 0.1 percent of Malaysia's population of mat rempits were sent to jump onto ice.

I'm not sure I feel taller now that we have had Malaysians been everywhere, but my 164cm is OK with me.

I'm not sure I want to be taller in fact. Be happier, now that's better.

I think the next Malaysia Boleh project should be Zero Poverty, or Zero Illiteracy, or Zero Crime campaign on a humongous, overnight-can-change scale.

If we become a country where everyone can get three meals a day with ease, read the morning press and walk around town without worrying about rapists, snatch thieves and swindlers; I'll be happier.

Not taller, but that's OK.

p/s: I would feel taller if Malaysians are known across the world as well-mannered, peace-loving people who lives in a clean (not necessarily modern) country and do not have too many crazy (berani mati) drivers.

2 comments:

N a d i a said...

yeah lor..mesia ni byk sgt buang masa dgn tallest, longest, biggest etc. "trying-too-hard-n worthless-record-breaking-efforts"..
anyway, i still find the word "mengangkasakan" so weird..

siti rosman said...

somehow "mengangkasakan" ni mengingatkan gue kepada antara lagu rock yg evergreen - bunga angkasa... rock kapak tu..

p/s: tahnye, yg cleanest dah tak byk lak kan.. tunggu award penyapu gak kot..