Wednesday, March 07, 2007

"What makes bloggers tick?"

Dear fellow bloggers, as I read Silverheadbanger's respond to my earlier post, it struck me that whatever I don't know and want to know, I should just ask. I should just ask the right people.

So here's me asking you all out there who's been blogging for some time already by now, "What makes bloggers tick?"

What's driving you to write?
(Me, it's those little things that kept nagging in my head. I just gotta get it out. Like the issue about fried eggs and ketchup after a tiring school day - the memory kept jutting out amidst my other thots like the millenium bug, so I just gotta blog about it to get it out of my system.)

What's inspiring you all these while?
(Me, it's all the things that I notice day in day out. It's all the things that I should have noticed earlier but didn't until now. It's all the new things I discovered. It's all the things that kept me reading till the last line of the newpaper article.)

In what way does blogging affects you?
(Me, blogging gets me started. It's like I have to practice using the keyboard after a night's sleep cause I could not remember how I did it yesterday. Blogging takes the cloud out of my skull everytime I need to see things a bit more clearly (not necessarily rightly). On days I'm forced to write about topics I don't like, I'll blog first so that my mood gets better by the time I get to the dirty work.)

What do you want to achieve?
(Me, I want to achieve inner peace. Blogging helps me rid of the garbage that's cluttering my nerves and atoms. Told you about those nagging thots, no? Therefore I blog.)

What have you achieve so far?
(Me, a piece inner peace. After all I haven't had time to blog about people who stand so close behind the ATM line, or those chee kuais who kept spitting in public, or those who let their toddlers pee on the shopping mall's flower pots or those who thinks doing charity means investing a bit of time and money so that they become more popular of a personality, or those segelintir jilbab-clad tua-sebelum-waktunya mamas who think they have the right to tell everyone they're right and everyone else are citizens of hell.)

Berbaloi ke blogging ni? (Is blogging worth it?)
(Me, I'll say sure! It kept me sane.)

Anyone else care to share? I appreciate your feedback - maybe with your help I can get that assignment going and do it as a parting gift for my ex-boss. (Erm, but before that I gotta blog first.)

4 comments:

MagnusCaleb said...

hehehe...keep on bloggin' dear...it's like writtin' a love letter to...and re-read it again and again...

:)

siti rosman said...

i like that idea - writing a love letter to...

er.. tapi yang i dok gasak vent out tu takkan kira love letter gak.. but it does make sense somehow.. kadang2 not all love letters are nice huh.. some are dear johns...

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you all can write so much? Where can get ideas?

siti rosman said...

Tah la Fiennaz.. whatever comes to mind. Not everyone is as poetic as Bob up there so tulis je apa2 yang teringin nak ditulis, after all, blog ni ana yang punya hahaha.. (I like to reuse your fave phrase hahah)