Monday, March 05, 2007

Bloggers aren't created equal

Once my ex-boss asked me to write an article on "What makes bloggers tick?". My oh my. What a big piece that would've been.

But I chickened out immediately.

Yes it is quite sad to report that an enterprising young gal like me, who have all the potential and a golden opportunity to write on a subject as hot and interesting and possibly controversial as this, to say "No, at the moment I'm not the right person for this task." like that.

My reason is simple - For I have been blogging and blogreading for years, I know for a fact that: Bloggers aren't "created" equal.

Some good, some bad, some experienced, some humble, some arrogant, some shy, some shout, some blind, some sees, some important, some worth walking over, some serious, some ridiculous.

And blog-readers are just the same - meaning, just like bloggers, they also aren't created the same.

Some wise, some foolish, some cautious, some naive, some sane, some nay.

As both blogger and blogreader, which I guess it is safe to assume that I am an insider in this independent publishing phenomenon, I hate to say I still can't see the big picture.

There's lots of blogs out there - there are cool ones. Mind my own business types, count calories types, just me thinking types, what I wanna say to the world types, why am I dangerously in love with myself types... go ahead, baby, go ahead.

But some are funny, sad, worrying, prejudiced, grotesque, blatant, optimistic, suicidal... and it scares the shit out of me to think that behind each blog there is a person who could cook up all of these, and even scary it becomes when I realized that there are people out there who actually devour, and sadly, come to believe these stuff.

Until I figure out the big picture...

2 comments:

N a d i a said...

woii...mencabor gak esemennye. tapi betui, mcm2 kepala ghopla jingga ada dlm blogworld. nak, nak plak myspace yg penuh elemen2 yg menyakitkan mata. haha (tu pasey teman maleh nak lepak kat myspace teman nun). antara nak percaya, tak nak percaya je.

as for moi, teman langsung tak percaya blog yg beriye-iye kutuk itu ini, and go against the grain. ni sume species anak ayam sebenonye. berani kat blog, anonymous kat luo. sad nutcases.

siti rosman said...

tu le pase... rame yg gobblogs sebenarnye.. mengabuse technology je kerjenya..

sebenarnya sume blogger patut tahu...kita ni spiderman gak.. with great power comes great responsibility... dah ada power to self-publish, ramai yg salah guna.. setakat nak layan indulgence tak salah, tapi nak defame org or rosakkan a good thing i totally nggak paham..

ape saje la yg dema dok pk dlm kepala otak tu...