Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Sometimes I hate my job...

Like I just said, sometimes I hate my job.

This morning I attended a launching of a website. This particular website belongs to Tasputra Perkim, an organization running a day care training centre for children with special needs.

At one point, seeing the kids - some visually impaired, others hard at hearing, some mentally challenged and others with certain disabilities - makes me think as if God favours me over them.

Isn't that totally selfish? Perasan, rather. Cannot be like dat one oh...

Actually, come to think about it, I suspect God favours them more. From what I see, these kids seemed to be able to cope with their surrounding, regardless that they're the ones so-called lacking.

I saw them greeting the guests with genuine smiles (a feat hard to achieve by a couple of PR ladies I've met), making music (some of them can follow tempo better than some of the wannabes auditioning for Akademi Fantasi ok..), and having fun with Adibah Noor (MC and guest entertainer for the launch - she did it pro bono!).

Life seems good for them, thanks to the TP team - btw donations can be done online click this.

I think at times we are the unfortunate lot compared to these children. We had to cope with a garden of stress, we had the misery of gaining understanding to words like "war" and "famine", and we are always making mistakes then suffer through consequences.  

I guess everybody win some, and lose some - Tuhan Maha Adil.

Ooh... that's me being deep y'all.. uh huh...

 
p/s: Another reason why I hate my job: I have a night assignment tonight! - don't I always, lately eh? This time I have to go watch I, Robot and *sigh* write a review about it. The thing is, I hate going to movies alone!!! I hate going to movies alone!!! I hate going to movies alone!!! I hate going to movies alone!!! I hate going to movies alone!!! OK, OK, I know you get it...

No comments: