Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Everyone can blog! But can everyone keep blogging?

Right after lunch we met a colleague, who looked kinda dazed as she made her way to the nearby eatery.

"I've just been asked to blog," she explained. That's what we heard, but I also heard, "I think I've just been 'awarded' a 'punishment'," in the tone of her voice.

"Blog about what?" we asked.

"Fashion," she said simply. I thought I also heard an "Egad!!!" in her little reply.

Thing is our friend here is a writer alright, but fashion is not exactly her beat. (She's a business journalist.)

So I tried, "So you've been asked to blog about the fashion industry from business perspective?"

"Er, um. I guess. Since the person who asked me to start blogging had just been given a title, I just said yes lah." Again, her reply pregnant with uncertainties.

"Ah well, good luck with that," we wished her before parting.

Oh man, talk about taking the fun out of something! I mean if I were asked to blog about something I don't know about, I probably could, but I'm not so sure if I can keep posting entries after entries about it.

After all, blogging is easy. Just like bitchin' (s'cuse my French). But to keep blogging about something you have no idea or interest in - now that's challenging. Not to mention boring...

No comments: