Wednesday, June 16, 2010

So I had a bad day...

Today could possibly one of the days that started bad, and it might likely go worse (after all tis only 11AM right now). And I'm betting I'm not the only one thinking like this.

For anyone sane enough to feel nice, unhappy, cool, upset, energised or deflated, it is quite a normal thing to have a bad day. Take me for example. I just saw one of the stupidest mistakes a human can make, and the a**hole is not even sorry about it. The baddest part of this all is that it is a costly mistake. One that can't, or rather shouldn't happen to anyone who have just gone through a rough patch - scratch that - it shouldn't happen to anyone period.

So what do I do? Take my Sony Walkman out. Blare Alanis Morissette's You Oughta Know. Leave the premise. Head to where I'm needed.

She started slow and steady, within 5 seconds my mind began to focus on the song. It got me thinking, "Man, she sounds steely mad. Perhaps madder than I am right now."

As I crank up the volume I heard Flea's basslines and I could imagine his fingers plucking and slapping as furiously as Alanis' vocal going "And everytime I scratch my nails down someone else's back I hope you feel it.. Well can you feel it?"

Inevitably I began singing, "It's not fair! To deny me of the cross I bear that you gave to me! Ya! Ya! Yah!" Perhaps a bit too loudly that the gal sitting next to me on the Rapid KL bus is beginning to scoot a few inch away. Ah she doesn't know that I'm just sharing my pain with Alanis.

I feel like handing her my left earpiece so that she can share too. I'm sure she must have had a bad day or two, even if today started well for her.

And that's what music can do for you.

No comments: