Friday, December 08, 2006

Everything massive


^ One of the many series of temples - gargantuan lot all of them - are converted to become a touristy shopping area.

That's just how it is in a country as big as China. The buildings are huge giants, the dishes (especially ones you can't eat) are a whole load, and even the girls are taller damnit!

No I don't have pix of the leggy Shanghai gals, they're not as sporting as the Shibuya divas. Last night I was asking for directions to this Italian restaurant where the rest of the benchmarkers are meeting, and this perempuan simply turned away even though I said "Ni hao."

Again just now, I asked a peddlar at the night market how much for the item he's selling, but he pointedly talked away with his two lady companions in order to brush me off. Aiyo, what hospitality? Pelik kan ca ya tak nak buat duit?

To think they have a long history of civilization... No such thing as being civil here! Most of them are as cold as the December weather!

4 comments:

Azer Mantessa said...

thx for sharing ... now i know :-|

Anonymous said...

CT, when were you in Shanghai? If u were there between mid OCT - mid NOV, u shud've called me up coz I was there....

Anonymous said...

hehehe....3 sentences the Shanhainese traderers were trained off - "you killing(kidding) me", "you joking", "looking-looking"... 3 most spoken brands in Shanghai... "Gucci, Prada, Polo"

siti rosman said...

hi azer mantessa thanks for dropping by again!

erwinio... erwinio... how to call u la? me was in Shanghai as per posting date la, short while only. only learnt how to say "kan kan le" (see see only)