Friday, August 25, 2006

Stink bean

So we're left with only eight planets in our Solar System. Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.

And since we're talking about stars, Mawi and Ina will have an on-air, live broadcast clash. That, versus Siti & DK's wedding on another channel.

And Rita Rudani did her job but Nisdawati goes around parading what looked more like a mild case of eye-bags from late night parties at Planet Hollywood than a bruise.

And Amber Chia is after somebody else's hubby - too bad he's not a Datuk, otherwise she'd take over Julia Hana's spot.

And Fazura's shoe circus plus Nurfarahin's khalwat case are on trial. (P/S: None of the witness remember what her shoe looked like... So regardless what Paula Malai Ali insinuated about Malaysian women and Jimmy Choo heels, Fazura ain't into that.)

And at first glance on a recent edition of Malay Mail, I thought Maya Karin said she only know a Khairi Who, not that she doesn't know who's Khairi. (Sorry, tak perasanla got the question mark at the end. Someone's bum was sitting on it.)

And of course there's still people still mengomel sakit hati over Sharifah Amani's quote. As Jarum Emas says - akhirnya Pak Menteri juga yang menang.

But what's the most interesting piece I've read on print media?

Well, ladies and gents, thanks to New Straits Times and writer Eu Hooi Khaw, I found out that the uber delicious petai is actually called stink bean in Anglais, also parkia speciosa to botanists.

While I've heard that it is supposed to be effective in lowering blood sugar, high in fibre and betacarotene rich, I didn't know that stink beans also contain tryptophan, which converts into serotonin that gives you that happy, relaxed feeling.

No wonder I get this unexplainable feel good feeling right after every petai meal.

I remember the first time petai-appreciation dawned on me: The calling came in the form of udang sambal petai - ate till my stomach waved a white flag between my eyes (gulped lots of water in between as the sambal assault was damn pedas).

Young, spoiled and hot-tempered then - yet throughout the afternoon I was nicer to my siblings.

Even when Along wants to watch Pink Panther on RTM (no Jem and the Holograms on TV3 for me). Even when Angah made me jump over the dilapidated fence to retrieve his missing Bola Sakti Harimau Berantai. Even when Alang only wants to hang with her high-school RPS gang and discuss make-up and I wasn't included. "Aiman tak kissah..."

Hell, that was one memorable petai-laden lunch.

5 comments:

N a d i a said...

i thought chocolate je yg ada chemical that can induce the euphoria/feel good feeling..petai also can, meh?..but i don't eat la. nanti kencin bau tak best! hahahahaha...

siti rosman said...

aleh... urine tu kan bahan buangan, nevermind la kalu stinkin skit... coba lah...

Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://dpbvxmhy.com/fzip/qpjx.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://qccipnhi.com/oedp/msss.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://dpbvxmhy.com/fzip/qpjx.html | http://fgoltidb.com/hapb/zrfu.html