Friday, July 28, 2006

Who's having bad headache

I hate it when an introduction line comes at the last minute. Then I'll just start writing and can't seem to stop till I get that nice ending to complement that intro.

In the process I'll be hanging in front of the PC, getting headaches from staring at the monitor too long and my Princess-Leia-big earphones heats up real hot.

The bane of all writers - my news-writing workshop instructor even call it birth pangs. Yes, getting the introduction line all typed up is really hard to do.

I have to admit there are a number of assignments that are just so bland, so dead, so nothing that even me - the me who has been cheating my way into a career - just could not deliver.

Despite my unforgiveable personal low standard set on quality.

Despite my ego speaking out loud of plucking stories out of thin air.

Despite my hantam-sajalah mantra that has kept me going for eons.

But eventually everything gets written down - long or short, inspiring or demoralising - all comes to a full stop at the end.


Unless I terforgot to put the full stop and simply print then submit la. That one not really my fault one, tis only my kelemahan...

And suddenly I could not remember the lyrics of Lagu Tiga Kupang...