Monday, August 01, 2005

The silliest line I've ever heard...

... came from a lady landlord I happened to bump into last Saturday. She was angry at her tenant, and outbursted a comment that went exactly like this:

"You can't talk to me like that! I'm an engineer you know!"

... to her tenant who earlier to that said, "I paid a month of deposit, surely you can't expect me to pay for three when I only needed to pay for two - that's easy maths, surely you can count?".

And what could we - my mom, my sis, and my poor ticklish soul - could do but slam a few guffaws straight into her ears.

Even earlier to that, the lady landlord was trying to screw the tenant by asking for extra payment, eventhough she well know that the tenant has placed a month's deposit before moving in 5 years ago, paid to her dad.

I'm sure not all engineers are as sensitive as that when someone happens to question his or her math prowess (I happen to know some really cool engineers who constantly make fun of themselves for not being able to count the percentage of increase of oil prices for the past two months).

Still, it was the most hilarious thing I've ever heard so far... minus that one involving a minister who owns like a hundred and eighty-nine open APs... now that one deserves to be documented on film.

2 comments:

Api said...

i sometimes even get my basic math (multiplication,division) wrong *lol*

when doing math i just click windows->run->calc haha

siti rosman said...

Ahh.. the joy of programming.. thanks for visiting my blog!